Evelyn* was diagnosed with dementia and her adult children knew she needed some additional assistance. Although she was living at a facility, they wanted to make sure their mom had someone they could trust to accompany her on walks, take her out for coffee, and spend quality time with her.
And that’s exactly what happened when they hired Comforts of Home – Care to help out.
Evelyn adored visiting with her caregiver. They had a great bond and it provided Evelyn with exactly the comfort and caring companionship she needed in her final days.
“Mom loved her caregiver—they had a great time!”
Evelyn had a warm, kind, and loving heart, and her family felt at ease, knowing that their mom was well taken care of during her last year of life with a consistent, compassionate caregiver!
*Name has been changed
A few of the things a caregiver can do for your loved one include…
- Conversation and socialization
- Play board games and cards
- Teaching basic computer skills – email and web browsing
- Arts and crafts Projects
- Crossword puzzles
- Look at old photos; reminisce
- Create an indoor ‘garden’
- Maintain family photo album
- General encouragement
- Aid with reading; discuss current events
- Writing letters or cards
- Record family history
- Assist with walking & physiotherapy exercises
- Accompaniment to recreational activities
- Meal planning & preparation
- Incidental transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Health management
- Household management assistance
- Respite care
- And more!