Why Choose COHC?
Comforts of Home – Care offers:
- Many years of experience, established in January 2006
- Caregivers who speak your language. We have matched Caucasian, Mandarin, Polish, Italian, German plus more and even sign language
- Caregivers who drive and have a car
- Caregivers who care with compassion
- Your Care Your Way
Why Choose Private Home-Care?
Home – Care provides an important and essential service that helps many seniors and people with disabilities to remain in the comfort of their own homes. The advantage of private over government home care is like comparing apples and oranges. You can exchange government services for money and be in control of your home care services. You decide what type of caregiver comes into your home, what you want them to do and when they come to your home.
With the help and support of an experienced home – care team like Comforts of Home – Care, we allow families to be families and re-establish family roles. Our clients are able to return their focus to being a son, daughter, spouse or friend … and not that of a caregiver.
Ready to find out more?
View Our Services
Request a Free Assessment
We're ready to help
Enjoy Assurance and Peace of Mind
- At Comforts of Home – Care, we take your care seriously! We are the back-up plan! We don’t rely on family to have a back-up plan. If a companion fails to arrive at their shift, we are alerted electronically. We are on-call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to replace the companion or deal with any emergency that may arise. Family and clients can have peace of mind knowing they can completely rely on our services.
- Compatibility guarantee: If you are not happy with any of our professional caregivers, we will replace them until you’re completely satisfied.
- Timeliness:We use a technology based clocking system that informs us when our employees arrive and depart each shift. This ensures accuracy of billing and reliability as we are alerted if our caregiver does not clock in on time for any reason.
Extensive Employee Screening Process
Our caregivers are totally committed, highly qualified and carefully selected individuals. In fact, we hire only 1 out of 5 who apply.
- Application – reviewed for relevant skills and education
- Phone Interview – determines if they have appropriate people and communication skills
- Numerous Background Checks
- a clean criminal background check with vulnerable person sector
- clear child and elder abuse check
- a clear driving abstract
- Thorough Interview – we screen for compassionate individuals with big hearts who demonstrate caring and respect for others
- Comprehensive Reference Checks – both personal and professional are completed
Caregiver Quality Assurance (CQA) – a computer based assessment evaluates attitudes, personality and behavioural traits andassesses honesty, reliability, and identifies their strengths and weaknesses
Thoroughly screened, bonded and insured
100% Canadian owned and operated
Katherine Peters, born and raised in Winnipeg, began Comforts of Home – Care in January 2006. Prior to that, she worked out of her home for 19 years as a self-employed hairdresser, supporting herself and her three children. At the same time, she attended University of Manitoba to complete her Bachelor of Social Work degree. Comforts of Home – Care beautifully unites her entrepreneurial spirit and her passion to make a difference in the lives of others.